Saturday, December 15, 2012

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

  I don't have many finds to share this week, but I did find a few little fun things to show off. There is a local resale site that I love to buy things from. It is sort of like Craiglist, but more local and easier to buy stuff from. I have been buying clothes and furniture from this fun site for a few months, and it makes for a fun treasure hunt around town. Anyways here is what I found this week through this local resale site.

I found this candle holder Chandelier type item for sale, and knew it would look cool somewhere in my house. I thought at first it would make a cool center piece now I am thinking it would look fancy hanging in our den. Anyways lots of ideas for this fun piece and a great piece for only $5.00.
The lady who sold me the candle holder above asked if I wanted to take a peak at her box of free items. I of course jumped at the chance to look through free treasures. I found these two horses in her box and definitely took them. I think they will make great book ends. I have seen many people paint toy horses gold recently, so I was pleased to find metal ones already painted gold and for FREE!
My last treasure from the site is this large bag of chip board scrap booking letters and cute words I got for $1.75. Such a fantastic deal as these sell for at least $5.00 each or so for the whole alphabet. I was glad to snag them for future projects.
I thought these would make such a sweet collage with pictures of Mr Joyful Thrifter and I. 
Have you found any lovely treasures recently? If so please link up pictures to my Facebook page, or leave your blog link so I can enjoy in your fun.

Smiles,
Here are the lovely sites I enjoy linking up with. We get to share more fun that way:

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! What great finds. I love the chandelier. It would look great as a centerpiece on a table. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I'm so jealous!! I want that chandy AND those horses. You hit the jackpot.

    Blessings,
    Meredith

    P.S. My blog name has recently changed from A Penny for a Thought to this. THe content is the same, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous haul! I can't believe you got those brass horses for free...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...